I arrived into Capetown airport with no plans/reservations. I finally found a car rental place that would rent me an automatic car AND i managed to talk the guy down on the price, paying the same amount I would have paid for a week bus pass. It's amazing how a little smile can go a long way! :) I drove straight out of Capetown. Destination: One of the World's Highest Bungee jumps. A pure freefall swinging bungee from a single cord.
I am not going to ask for bets from you on whether I did the jump because I know you would probably think the following:
- Why wouldn't she? She has already jumped off a bridge in New Zealand.
- Why wouldn't she? This jump is even higher at 216 meters (709 feet)
- Why wouldn't she? the 2nd bounced after she jumps will take her as high as the Vic Falls
- Why wouldn't she? It's been close to a month since she dislocated her shoulder.
- Why wouldn't she? It's Jeanne, and we all know that she's crazy :)
You guys know me so well! Of course, I did it and I am STILL on a high! They literally duct-taped my arm to my body to make sure I would not dislocate my shoulder again. I turned off my brain and jumped! My thought process went a bit like this:
* Holy Shit, I jumped
* Of F*ck, I am falling fast
* Crap, my face feels like it is flattening
* Is this painful?
* Am I having fun?
* Shit, that's the ground coming at me
* Wow, I am being pulled back up again
* Is my shoulder still intact?
* Oh F*ck, i am falling back down again and i think i am spinning
* Shit Yeah, i think i am having fun!
* Oh my god, look at that view
* Oh no, is it done already?!?!
And with that, i got pulled back up toward the bridge.
My other great accomplishment on that bridge was that there was a girl who was 80% convinced of jumping and was about to say no. I walked over to her and asked what her concerns were. I helped her breakdown her worries. I gave her some words of encouragement and told some motivational stories and she ended up doing it! ANd she survived AND she liked it! I may have my new profession: Motivational Bungee Jump Coach.
NEXT STOP: Hiking in that Tsitsikamma Mountains in Nature's Valley on the Garden Route