Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Africa Itinerary

I am off to Africa! And I am no longer going to be solo the whole trip. My cousin is joining me for 3 of the 7 weeks.

I am up in less than 5 hours to depart, so here is a quick post of my itinerary:

1/29 - 2/2: Nairobi
2/3: Bus to Tanzania
2/4 – 2/8: Safari
2/9 – 2/16: Hiking Mt. Kilimanjaro (19,000+ feet)
2/17 – 2/20: Zanzibar, Tanzania
2/21 – 2/8: Uganda / Rwanda (Gorilla trek, River Raft on Nile, Chimp Trek)
3/1: Jo’burg3/2: Vic Falls, Zambia (maybe a bungee jump!)
3/3 – 3/10: Overland From Zambia via Botswana and Krueger Park to Jo-burg
3/11 – 3/17: Capetown
3/17: Depart for SFO

(I then have 5 days in Cali and then I go to Thailand for 2 weeks).

If you want me to send you a postcard, send me your address!

Wish me luck,

JW

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Jeanne, that sounds really cool. I wish I could go with you! Good Luck and be safe in the safaris.

    Jeanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sounds amazing! So jealous. Can't wait to hear all about it when you make it back to NYC. What's in Thailand? I wanna come!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you go girl! have a great time-- whatever you do, don't run from a lion. you are fast.... but they are faster.

    xoox
    k and d

    ReplyDelete